The International Association of Logopaedics and Phoniatrics (IALP), now called The International Association of Communication Sciences and Disorders, was established in 1924. Its objective is to bring together professionals to promote research and clinical practice to support the needs of those with communication and swallowing disorders who lack health and other basic services.
Addressing Communication Disorders
in Unserved and Underserved Populations, authored by members of the Association, celebrates 100 years of the IALP by presenting ideas to assist all those who work with children and adults who have difficulty in communicating or swallowing in order to improve services for unserved and underserved communities. It offers strategies to address disorders and conditions that affect many areas of everyday life and which are exacerbated by lack of adequate health, education and social services.
- Unserved and Underserved Populations
- Supporting the Communication of Unserved and Underserved Populations from Refugee and Asylum Seeker Backgrounds
- Health Literacy for Multilingual and Multicultural Populations
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Health Care Services for Underserved Populations
- Managing Hearing Loss through the Lifespan
- Dysarthria Management for Unserved and Underserved Populations across the Globe
- Managing Post-stroke Aphasia in Underserved or Unserved Multiethnic-Multilingual Populations
- Supporting the Communication of Underserved Children in Vietnam
- Cleft Lip and Palate: An Overview with a Particular Emphasis on Communication Issues in Resource Limited Regions
- Speech Sound Disorders in Underserved or Unserved Populations
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication in Underserved or Unserved Populations
- Developmental Stuttering for Unserved and Underserved Populations
- Toward Food Sovereignty and Security for People Living with Swallowing Disabilities in Globally Vulnerable Environments
Each chapter will be available as a free download after publication in summer 2022 on application to the Association.
To buy the book visit the Association’s website: IALP Publication – The Unserved