Now available in the UK for the first time only from J & R Press
This authoritative guide teaches speech-language pathologists to successfully work with school-age children and adolescents who stutter. Written by stuttering specialists, School-Age Stuttering Therapy is packed with practical knowledge to step you through the entire intervention process from assessment, to treatment, and on to long-term follow-up. Using a conversational style, the text blances scholarly rationale with real-world examples and activities to help you build understanding while staying focused on useful skills. This 295-page, spiral-bound manual includes examples from the authors’ practices, numerous sample goals, engaging therapy activities, and 50 pages of reproducible worksheets and forms so you can use our creative and effective strategies right away.
For clinicians working with children and teens ages 6 to 18 in schools, private practice, and hospital settings. Appropriate for graduate students, practicing clinicians, and experienced specialists.
Learn How to:
- Meet eligibility requirements and qualify children for therapy using our detailed assessment guidelines.
- Implement the principles of evidence-based practice (EBP) using proven therapy techniques.
- Write attainable goals and document success throughout the treatment process.
- Treat all aspects of stuttering using concrete strategies to improve fluency, reduce negative reactions, and minimize adverse impact.
- Engage children in the therapy process with our easy-to-use worksheets and activities.
- Build a team to support children in and out of the classroom by involving parents, teachers, and peers in therapy.
- Overcome common fears about working with children who stutter, and build confidence in your therapy skills.
Published by Stuttering Therapy Resources, Inc. USA.
Made available in the United Kingdom by J & R Press through an agreement with Stuttering Therapy Resources, Inc.
Price: £48.00, spiral-bound paperback, 295 pages, [+postage and packing*]
* Please Note: unfortunately we only currently ship this book to The UK.