The last decade has seen a rapid growth in our understanding of adolescents with language difficulties. In this book, world-leading researchers discuss these recent advances in detail and apply findings to clinical and educational practice. This book will consider approaches to supporting teenagers with language difficulties in a range of contexts, from mainstream and specialist secondary schools to the youth justice sector.
Supporting Teenagers with Language Difficulties will enable readers to:
- Understand teenage language difficulties in detail
- Increase their knowledge of intervention programmes designed to support adolescents with language difficulties
- Compare and apply models of service delivery
- Apply case studies of evidence-based interventions in their own work or study setting
- Develop their own skills in evaluating interventions when working with teenagers with language difficulties